Let us read the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) together in one year!
The 3 + 1 (fourth) preparation year for IEC2020 has begun. The IEC Secretariat would like to offer some help with the spiritual part of this preparation.
We dedicate this year to deeds of love and faith. To perform these deeds, it is helpful to deepen our knowledge about our faith and get answers to our questions. As a preparation for the Eucharistic Congress, we invite you to the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) read with us over the next year.
How to do this?
We have defined an approx. two-sided reading from the CCC for every day of the time period from September 28, 2020 to September 4, 2021, until the beginning of the Congress, (except Sundays and major holidays) using the numbering of CCC sections. The reading takes about 7 minutes a day. Our faith is definitely worth this care. :)
Where do you find the Catechism?
- On the INTERNET,
- You may also download a CCC application to your cell phone from the PlayStore (android) or App Store (iPhone).
How will I know what to read each day?
- You may download the schedule for the whole year from HERE in a printable PDF-format. You may also use this schedule to keep track of your readings and also use it as a bookmark.
- We will post the sections for each week on IEC’s Facebook page.
Shall I read it alone or with others?
You may read it alone, but it is nice to share your experiences and questions with others. We encourage existing communities, prayer groups, parish communities to read CCC together and discuss the read sections regularly weekly, biweekly or monthly – or even online. But you may also create new Catechism groups as well for this year.
Questions for processing the readings:
- What have these readings confirmed in me?
- What was the most surprising for me?
- Was there something I knew otherwise so far?
- What do I need to change in my life, to let the teaching of Catechism work in my life?
- What question would I ask about these sections from my theologian/priest/monk friend?